Great Logo Treatment on a Presentation Folder
Many firms will tell you that they don’t have a brand, but they do have a reputation. Whether it’s law, financial services, accounting, insurance or consulting, a firm’s reputation is everything. And that reputation materializes in the company logo.
These tips will help your unsung hero – your presentation folder – reinforce your reputation using only your logo.
- Invest in a quality paper stock. If your law firm wants to convey the story of success, you need to show it, not tell it. Your pocket folder – and your business card, for that matter – needs to feel expensive to the touch. You’ll be saving money on print, so you’ll have the coin to put it in the paper.
- Consider embossing your company logo. Embossment raises the surface of the folder to give it dimension. This elevates your logo, giving it more heft on the page. Blind embossment is a natural choice for your presentation folder when you’ve chosen a textured stock like linen that may not be printed at all. Printed embossment is more often seen on coated stocks (like C1S or C2S) where your logo is raised and printed on the paper.
- Consider foil stamping, but proceed carefully. Foil stamping adds a gold or silver (and other color options) metallic to your logo . It is a very classy effect provided that it is used sparingly. If your logo is an elegant script or a thin font, foil stamping is a great option. But if your logo features fat lettering, foil stamping may give you too much flash to your look (especially if you’re a CPA or an attorney).
- If you are unsure of how to size your logo on the cover, err on the side of too big. A too-small logo on your presentation folder will make your firm look even smaller.
- If you don’t already have a logo, select an official font to represent your firm and stick with it. Many graphic designers specialize in font treatments, and it’s not an expensive investment. Using the same font on your presentation folders, your letterhead and your website will create a unifying look that shows (not tells) your clients that you’ve got your act together.
This article is part of a series on great presentation folder design featured on the Conformer Products’ Blog.
–Sari McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in Great Design, Presentation folders, Tips
Tagged Conformer, CPA, embossment, Foil stamping, folder, folder design, law firm, pocket folder, presentation folder
I try not to burden my soul too much with New Year’s resolutions. Rather, I see the new year as a way to see things with fresh eyes. It doesn’t hurt that New Year’s forces me to push back from my desk for a few days, clear my head and think fresh thoughts.
Perhaps that’s why so many of us go into organization mode in January. We view our surroundings with fresh eyes and see that things could be different, better.
January’s Fresh Eyes are a gift to inventors like us at Conformer. We are innovative 365 days of the year, but some days are easier than others.
Fresh Eyes can be a force for positive change, rather than tired New Year’s resolutions. When was the last time you took a fresh look at your sales kit, for example? Does your presentation folder limp along, or is it actually making a positive contribution to the overall impression on your customers? When you send out a package, use your fresh eyes to determine whether you are making the best eco-friendly packaging choice that, again, makes a positive contribution not only to the Earth, but also to your brand and to your customer.
And speaking of brand, I often turn to Branding Strategy Insider, brought to you by my Hallmark mentor Brad Van Auken and his smart new business partner, Derrick Daye, whenever I need some fresh-eyed inspiration.
So no resolutions for me this year… I will inspire myself to go to the gym, I swear!
–Sari McConnell at email@example.com
Posted in About Conformer, Branding and print opportunities, Environmental consciousness, Innovation, Mailers, Presentation folders, Random thoughts...
Tagged Brad Van Auken, Brand Strategy Insider, Business, Chinese New Year, Classroom, Conformer, Derrick Daye, folder, Holidays, inventor, mailer, Marketing, New Year's resolution, New-Years-Eve, newyear, presentation folder, sales kit, Sari McConnell, Weight loss
Inventing radically better products is the soul of Conformer Products, Inc., and our Conformer friends are our inspiration. Every day our conversations with strategic partners, end users, manufacturers and distributors give us insight into the business challenges that our products are solving, which leads us to our next innovation. And we know that our products inspire you towards new growth and success in your business.
We’d like to take this dynamic relationship to the next level. Please add our executive team — Sari McConnell, Bob Makofsky, and Marv Makofsky — to your Linked In network and click “Add to My Network” on the right hand side of the screen…and we promise to accept your invitation!
-Sari McConnell firstname.lastname@example.org